Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Road to Recovery

This little booger is so close to walking!

This is a field fire that Denis started on accident and Cody helped put out. He came home with some cinged hair, eyelashes, eyebrows and goatie!
Weston and Olivia Mecham roughing each other up!


Cody and Eli out for a ride in Idaho




Showing iff his Cowboy side!



These past few weeks have been extremely difficult for us. Cody pulled an April Fools Day joke on me that he will never do again. he pretended to get in a fight with his boss. He was actually talking to his friend Mike. He also pretended to call the Union Hall which made me believe it was true. I was crying and Cody finally put his loving arme around me and held me tight (so I wouldnt be able to hit him) and told me "April Fools". Well that "joke" came true 2 days later. It was also the day Norene passed away. I was already booked to come up and see her, but it would be now for her funeral. What a beautiful service. Cody came up as well and we made it a nice family vacation. WE visited Sandrocks and Eli and some other friends of our in Idaho, hung out with the Hancocks and visited friends in St George Ut. It was good to get away and Cody and I decided that Construction was not what he needs to be doing anymore. We've done a lot of praying and weighing our odds and have decided to go back to school. Shocked yet? Well, we'll be moving up to Utah and going to SLCC to get his Associated while Mom and Dad Hancock go on thier mission. Then Cody will be going to Chiropractic School after his undergraduate studies are done. This is something Cody ahas always wanted to do but has only known construction his whole life. I really think Heavenly Father is watching out fo rus even though it feels like we are going to be homeless and have to break our lease. We put our house on Craigslist to Sublet it and we've had so much response. Life is funny. Everytime we think we are going to buy a house, Cody loses his job. We hope that all of the pieces are going to fall into place as they have been. Our faith and resilliance have been tested and I still dont know what the future holds for us, but I guess it would be pretty boring if we did.

2 comments:

MegiJones said...

Well that's awesome that you've come to a decision!!! And that you'll be so much closer to us. :) Good luck with everything and please let us know how we can help.

Hatch Family said...

We miss you down here in sunny AZ. Yea live is funny at times it closes one door just to open another one. I wish you all the luck in the world with your adventures