Friday, November 21, 2008

My Birthday Wish

Mr weston is sucking his thumb! He just doesn't know to fold his other 4 fingers in yet!
Weston likes to go on walks and sometimes it wipes him out!

Just hanging out with dad!






Weston loves tummy time!
Today I was talking to LeighAnn and I feel like I can talk so frank with her...I guess that's what sisters are good at! Anyway she asked me if I felt 29. I told her no but that this birthday was kind of hard. She asked me why? As I thought abut it we discussed that this last decade 19-29 you remember so much more than the previous decade 9-19. 19-29 what an exciting time. It's excitingly horrific! As I look at MerriLyn and she's just beginning this journey, I'm so hapyy and terrified for her. I think about the experiences that happen this last decade and the changes that happened. How many times did I think I was going to marry this guy or that guy. How hard can I work until I meltdown? The friends that have come and gone, but more importantly the ones that stayed with me. Thanks! Anyway these are just some random thoughts I had today and I realize I dont feel any older but as I look back i am ending an era so to speak and beginning the next faze of life. I've done all of my playing and now I'm settled and can start the next decade with a whole new bag of experiences,dreams and goals. Does this make sense?

3 comments:

Kalei said...

I can definitely appreciate the tone of this post. I've often pondered the same things at different crossroads of my life.
That Mr. Weston is a cutie! Wow has he gotten big! Hope you guys are doing well, we miss you! :-)

Hancock family said...

It's good to look back and see how far we have come!! And now that you are a mom it will be even sweeter to look back at your life with your children!! Happy birthday-- Hope you had a great one- You old Women you!!! See ya in a few days!

{Mostly Jenn} said...

Hey - I love you and Happy Birthday!
Matthew and Jennifer Van Duren
2130 Royal Harvest Way #20
Cottonwood Heights, 84121